The world has gone digital. Let's take advantage of this and go physical. While everyone else is sending emails and getting lost in 'inbox overwhelm', why not send people real things?
As thought leaders we sell intangibles. As speakers, trainers, facilitators, coaches and mentors we create invisible things. We sell 'ideas'. It is critical to create touch points with our clients, physical and tangible elements of your business that people hold and experience.
Here are 5 things you can do to make things more tangible:
1. Create Audio CD's and DVD's and give them away. Of course you can sell them but they are also great $25 items that help you sell $25,000 services. Don't be afraid to give them away.
2. Write books! I know, easier said than done. It really isn't that hard. A book a year would be a fabulous target.
3. Get a nice letterhead. Seriously, in the age of digital, a quality letterhead or piece of stationery is the new difference. Make sure it positions you in some way and is not just bought at a gift shop.
4. Send other people's books. Buy books and audio programs for your clients and send them as gifts. Once again, this is a small price to pay for a bigger potential opportunity. You know that a thought leader's day is priced at a premium rate, so if a book helps you to sell one day, you can afford to send plenty.
5. Send colour scans or rip outs from magazines and newspapers. I have taken to sending real articles or buying several copies of a magazine and sending those.
So, spend some time thinking about some of the things you can adapt to make your business more tangible.